Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1 (help re objc?)

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1 (help re objc?)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:42:04 -0500

I've been watching this SUSE thread go by and went  looking at their
home page. Where does SUSE report the version of egcs/gcc within each of
their categories?  I can't find them.

Anyway, I wondered if perhaps SUSE is like RH5.2, in that to use the
objc compiler, one must use CC=egcs, not gcc.  RH provided both the gcc
from the 2.7 series and the egcs from 1.1 or something, and there were
separate binaries.  I can't tell from looking at the listing of packages
in their web page.