Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: installing 1.4.1 on SuSE Linux 6.1
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:13:05 +0200

On Suse 6.0 I needed to do a softlink (ln -s source target) for tk or
tcl stuff into /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib. One or the other wasn't
there. Sorry to be so vague about this, I don't have access to the
machine right now, nor is it connected to the Internet but ldd and the
backtrace from gdb should point you to where Swarm expects wish and the
libraries to be. Once I figured this out everything ran without a hitch.

Good luck,
Benedikt

Matthew Aylward EG201 G219 SL CKR wrote:

> Greetings all,
> This is becoming embarassing for a suposedly seasoned linux user.
> Swarm now compiles OK, just the hopefully harmless compiler errors. My
> apps also compile OK. BUT!! I am getting that TkExtra init.tcl error:
>
> Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
>
> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
>
> while executing
> "error $msg"
> ....etc
>
> There are no directory entries shown in the error??
> I have tcl8.1, tk8.1 and blt2.4i in /opt/scriptics
> These paths are correct in the /usr/local/etc/swarm makefiles, and in
> the environment vars TCL_LIBRARY, TK_LIBRARY and BLT_LIBRARY. The
> compilation of Swarm and my apps use all the correct paths with no
> problem. What is missing???
>
> so close, and yet so far.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt
>
> --
> Matt Aylward: <address@hidden> or <address@hidden>
>          Linux Lover - OS for the people by the people.
>         ******~~~~~May the Swarm be with you.~~~~~******
>        Depts of Geography (GIS) and Botany (Marine), UWA

---
Present coordinates:
Dep. of Economics, Univ. of Trento, Via Inama 1, 38100 Trento, ITALY
Off: +39 0461 882246/267875 Mob: +39 347 0415721 Fax: +39 0461 882222