netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] Plans

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] Plans
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:14:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Stephane Marchesin wrote:

> Hi all, I'm new to this mailing list
>
> I've been following those threads and I'm interested in this project. I
> have good SDL knowledge (and I think using SDL is a good idea since its
> interface is close to the directdraw interface) so if you're sure you
> want to use this library I'm with you and can work on the DDraw->SDL
> conversion.
Yeah pretty sure I think. (At least for graphics and sound, I'm not sure
about the network parts yet...)

> Now I've one question : I looked at the patch on savannah. Why do you
> want to change "NULL" to "0" ? Sounds to me like a bad idea.
latest C++ standard deprecates NULL (seems they want to avoid all #defines
which is a very good plan). When developing for CrystalSpace we came
accross a compiler which spit out a warning about each NULL.

Greetings,
        Matze