Re: Italian translation

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: Italian translation
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:52:43 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > First I kept 'email' in the Spanish translation , but later, after [...]

Maybe "password" and "Password" should be translated too, as "email" was?
I just comment it. You are the Italian translator.

I could translate it as "parola d'ordine", but for this case it's much more better to keep the English. For what I see is the most used form.

Some good examples are IBM, Sun, HP www.ziobudda.net/user

I found the site where to get all the infos that I need, the Free Translation Project - Sezione Italiana http://tp.linux.it/

Here there is a glossary (http://tp.linux.it/glossario.html) and other useful documents.

This site belongs to the official Translation Project (short TP) http://translationproject.org/html/welcome.html

All the languages can be found at http://translationproject.org/team/index.html and most of the countries have the website.

What about to add in the Coders' guide a link to translationproject.org in the section Localization?

> The last note... I'm now using KBabel, and it seems that it works well

Great!

I have added to the Italian PO file the updated "Academic qualification
levels".  With that update the Italian translation will be 100% up to date.

So, I'm going to pull, modify, commit and push the new messages.

I'll try also to follow the Italian guidelines  and fix any mistakes.

Cheers
Antenore.